Guys,

I've seen this "black ring" comment come up numerous times lately. I'd like to nip this one in the bud. It seemed, at the time that I typed it, that it was misunderstood- by Art and others.

What I said was, with a variable eye relief scope like my 2.5x8 Leupolds, it's impossible to mount them such that you DON'T get black around the image AT FULL MAGNIFICATION. Even mounted all the way back, like I typically mount them.

This is... true. Right?

Now, a guy could certainly skootch his head forward. I choose not to do that. I prefer to maintain my cheek weld where it works best for me. Some black around the image doesn't matter and in fact can help reduce parallax by helping me keep my head centered- kind of like a ghost ring. On the other hand, moving my head forwards a couple inches on the stock DOES matter. It changes everything. And there's no point in doing so. If I'm at full power, it's a longer shot, and I have time to set it up, and some black around the image is irrelevant.

Now if I'm missing something... if there is some magic way that you guys are getting a full field of view with a Leupold 2.5x8 set to full power, from the same head position that gives you a full field of view set to 2.5x, I'm all ears. Since mounting it all the way back towards me (to the point that you guys think it's acceptable to publically call me names over it) doesn't do it, for ME, I'll be very curious to hear how it is that you think this is possible.

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, and that clears it up.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!