Okay, the master has examined the [bleep] up and spoken. Turns out that when the thru-bolt was drilled, he went way high and it came out right in front of the comb, which was the patch that I was contouring when I broke through and had nothing underneath. You'd think that a guy that specializes in shotguns would have a system to avoid that. Hell, I don't have much machining or gunstocking experience and even I know how to avoid that one!!!!! It's pretty easy on a lathe. Anyways, he threw a patch on the inside of the stock which is rather unapparent except when you go, "what the [bleep] is going on here?". Now the stock is sitting with the accraglass setting up where I've got only .08 of wood in the good spots. Functionally it will be fine, cosmetically probably your average jabone won't notice a thing, but I know it aint right and this is a very nice and rare piece of walnut. The figure in the rest of the stock will keep the wandering eye off the patch and it'll get "Wow's", but the damage is done and that's the way it is. I'm not out any money, as we did some horse trading for the job, but if I did my chiropractic the way he did this job, he'd be in a wheelchair right now.

Okay, rant over. My wife and kids are happy and healthy and life is good, and that's what really matters. Stuff is just....well.....stuff. The gun will point where I shoot and the ducks and geese will be in trouble this coming fall. And all of my rifles shoot better than I can, and most have factory barrels from the folks in Ilion, NY. Guess you've got a few complaints of your own, eh Dan? Sorry to hear the bedding job didn't fix things up.

Fishing will make things better on the 'morrow. That and a late night rendezvous with my honey. Just thinking about it I already feel better grin