I too have no experience with a 141 pump, but I do know that people who have them are very fond of them.

I've been looking for a 760 in 35 Remington for years as I have a Weaver pivot mount for a 760.

However, looking at that gun, and if I am correct a $399 price tag, I would scoff it up in a heartbeat.

Gun looks as though it has seen very little use from what I can see in the pictures, nice walnut, hand checkered, and the wood looks pristine, along with the bluing, except for the pump tube(which would be normal). Whats not to like?

While those guns weren't drilled and tapped, whoever put that mount on seemed to have done a pretty professional job.

That scope mount could also be used as a bargaining chip in that it takes away from the originality and therefore detracts from the value.

If it was me, I'd offer him $350 cash and deal from there, judging from the price reductions, seems like they want to move it.

Really nice looking gun from what I can see.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people