Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by TheKid
Had to take the Mrs to her monthly Dr appointment in the city today and we decided to browse a couple gun shops for fun since there aren’t any bargains anymore.

Well lo and behold but what do I find, and for pretty dang cheap too. In fact so reasonably priced that I bought it even though I have no use for it at all. I admit it is pretty darn cool though. I even shot a gyp rock with it when I went out to dump a bucket of walleye heads a few minutes ago. 165 Sierra over some 4895 and the old factory irons are right on at around 75 yards.

It decodes to July 1960, first year for the carbine I believe. And I’d bet money the plug screws have never been out of the receiver. No sling stud install took place. And the butt still wears the factory checkered aluminum buttplate.

It’s filthy and I’m headed to the shop to clean it up and check it over. If any of you Midwest or PA guys are needing one, I could probably be traded out of it even though it’s pretty neat and I can feel it growing on me.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Is the barrel marked “carbine” on it? If so you did better than you might be thinking?!

PennDog
Oh yeah it’s the genuine article, “Carbine” rollmark ahead of the chamber and the funny shaped stamped steel forend cap.