So I finally got to pick up the rifle today. I bought it from a guy on a local NJ hunting site and turns out he's on 24 hour also as Sako76. It was a pleasure to meet him and great guy to deal with, gun was exactly as described and he didn't even want me to take the gun until he was convinced I was totally pleased !!!!!

Remington 760 pump in .35 Remington, I've been looking for a pristine one for quite some time, and this one is indeed as pristine as they come.

Although it can't be proven, gun appears unfired, not a scratch or mark on it that I can see. It appears to be around 1979 vintage, I'll find out for sure when I call Remington.

So now I have the gun, Weaver Pivot base and rings for it and I need a period correct scope. I'm looking for either an El Paso Weaver K2.5 with post and crosshair or a Denver Redfield around the same power with post and crosshair. I do have a very pristine El Paso Weaver V4.5 with duplex recticle if anyone wants to work out a trade, or if anyone has one for sale, I'll outright buy it, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Gun came with a box of ammo and I have 3 other boxes so I'm good there, now if I can just find the right scope, maybe I can go out and kill a deer in the Catskills with an old school woods deer rifle.

EDIT-------- I called Remington, the rifle was manufactured June 1979 and went to an outdoor store in Harrisburg Pa. Sako76 picked it up on consignment at Cabela's in Pa. I'd bet that the owner passed on and the family sold his firearms and that's how it wound up on consignment in Cabela's, just an educated guess on my part.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by wink_man; 10/27/17.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people