Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
So I figured I might as well bench that 7600 270.I.bought the other day with the $60 bushnell sharpshooter scope. I dug thru.my ammo and found a box of 270 brass loaded with wlr primers, 130 nosler solid bases, and 60.0 grs of 4831 from 7/90. It shot 12" left so dialed in a correction right and dial it to the right again. The 3rd is in the black fired 3 more to confirm. Those last 4 shots were in .695" at 50 yards. Looks like a shooter to me, shotgun trigger and all. Mb

That's no surprise to me. My .270 7600 is a consistent 1.5" rifle at 100 yards with 130gr Federal blue box. It only wears a 1.5-4x Leupold so I'm sure that could be shrunk down a bit with more magnification and a proper bench. Typically I just shoot in the prone with a loop sling somewhere out in the desert. I did manage a 2" group with that rifle at around 275 yards last fall. It's the most accurate rifle I own, though that's not too surprising as my others are .30-30s and rack-grade ARs.

My 7600 was the butt of more than a few jokes among friends (all AK/AR guys) before they shot it. They changed their tune afterwards.

Sic Semper Tyrannis