My first year production 760 in 30-06 with a date code of AYY making it March 1952. Gun cleaned up nicely, has some honest use but the guy took pretty good care of it, no scratches or dings in the wood and the only bluing loss is on the slide bars and pump tube.

Just a minimal amount of copper and crud in the barrel, it cleaned up well and the gun has a bright shiny bore.

Pump tube was loose into the receiver, I could turn it with my fingers, first time I ever encountered that, and I tightened it up with a 5/32 flat head punch and a short piece of 2X4.

Barrel is considerably slimmer than newer model 760's, either that or Uncle Mikes is making the barrel band a little larger lately.

I put a Bushnell Banner 1.5X4.5 variable on it. Yes it's an inexpensive(think cheap) scope, but very bright with great target acquisition at real close range. My son, daughter and I use this scope on the slug guns and they have never failed us, despite 12 gauge slug recoil. The scope will probably be temporary, I see myself searching for another low power El Paso Weaver or Denver Redfield with a post & crosshair reticle.

Rear sight is missing it's the early dovetail sight, I will keep my eye out for that also.
If I get the sight, I have a line on a Weaver pivot mount base & rings and I'll put the post & crosshair scope in that base/ring set.

Sling is an old leather one that came with a 1968 Rem 700 BDL I picked up a year ago, it was dried out and looked kind of shot, but a little coconut oil and it softened up nicely and is now very usable.

Looking for the next project, LMAO, we'll see what comes into that gunshop next. The last thing I needed was this rifle, but they were literally giving it away !!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people