Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
What a cool and timely thread, I bought a corn cob? forearm 760 in 30-06 from an old Gent buddy of mine in 1991, he has recently passed, iirc the rifle is a 1957 year model, I have never fired it, did load up some 165gr Speer hot-cors with the prescribed max charge [61gr] of IMR-4831 at 3.300 col, pulled the old rifle out of the big safe his morning, unscrewed the Weaver rings and put the 2-7 Redfield on the table, will go out when the rain quits and zero the factory barrel sights, then re-mount the old Redfield and zero it two inches high at 100 yards.

I never chronographed the load, I don't think it's going to matter for white tail deer this side of 200 yards, I love the old rifle, it doesn't seem to rattle too much, as said, any deer that hears that is on the way to dying.

Ha! You nailed it buddy! I don’t tend to shake the snot out of my rifles anyhow, so maybe I just don’t notice any extra rattling!

I’ve got a 280 7600 and a 35 Whelen 7600.. Both of them are might good rifles, for Remingtons whistle

LOL, Sweet! sounds like you have a pair of nice ones too there Big Buddy, have done a little research on the 760 Remington during the crazy hit and miss, hurry up and wait day I had yesterday, this rifle has a plastic dust cover, I went to the old box the Man gave me with the rifle 30 years ago, inside an oily brown paper envelope wrapped with tape was the factory metal dust cover and a couple small springs, that old Man may have already de-rattled this rifle some as well as lighter trigger springs? don't know, do know the trigger is nice for what it is. cool

This old rifle has a soul, you can feel it, much different than the current plastic stocked stainless Remington offerings, Uncle has an old BDL walnut stocked heavy varmint in 22-250 and a wood stocked monster 300 Win Mag single shot 40X, same/same, the old guns have a soul.

Trump Won!