Did you vote for Obama and/or do you agree with this man from New York? If the answer is NO, than you ain't the liberal Yankee I'm talking about. It's pretty obvious when most northern states go BLUE and they are STRONG MAJORITY WHITE, that it's a WHOLE BUNCH OF WHITE LIBERAL YANKEES voting for Obama.

Originally Posted by cooper57m
I worked at a gun store in the late 70s early 80s when these type of rifles were beginning to get popular. We sold them. I remember the owner telling me that these rifles were going to pose a problem for us (gun owners). I never got into the whole tactical firearms thing. My interest has been in sporting rifles and double shotguns. I do have a couple revolvers. I always figured if the poo hit the fan and I ever needed a real assault weapon, I would know how to get one and I certainly didn't need one to protect my home. Whenever I'm at the range and hear someone rattle off a magazine as fast as they can pull the trigger, I just shake my head. I prefer precision shooting, deliberate and accurate. But to each his own, but I'm getting tired of defending why gun owners need high capacity semi-auto rifles. I would support a magazine capacity restriction rather than an outright ban on semi-auto rifles with some cosmetic design features deemed to be dangerous. I really do cringe when I see all the tactical gear and advertising. I much prefer firearms to be marketed for hunting and target shooting, you know innocent and wholesome activities. It's better for PR.

I do believe that at some point they will be banned across the country, much like they are in NY State. And probably just like in NY State, the compliance rate will be very low (approx. 5% in NY) making a whole lot of instant outlaws.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"