Originally Posted by Nostalgiafan
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Nostalgiafan
I've never owned a M6/760/7600 but the same could not be said for the M14 or M141. When I was young - probably late teens - I recall considering purchasing a M760. My uncle strongly advised against saying, "they rattle like a tin can." For the deep woods hunting we did where the range could be real close, he believed the deer could easily hear the forearm rattle. I have handled many of them and it doesn't seem to take much of a shake to hear the forearm rattle. I've had plenty of experience that has proven to me how well those big-eared whitetails can hear.

That whole rattling forearm scaring deer argument is beyond silly.

It holds absolutely no reality whatso ever....that is unless you can sneak through the woods in absolute soundlessness...

I think the forend could also rattle as you move the rifle around in the stand. A metallic rattle stands out in the woods. Some sounds are normal in the woods like squirrels thrashing around in the brush, birds hopping around, wind moving trees against each other, etc. The woods are not quiet so some sounds that a hunter might make don't stand out like other sounds.

I've had the hammer cock of Winchester 94's and T/C Renegade stop deer cold. They don't like that sound.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.