Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by moosemike
And "Yankee" is the highest compliment you could give me. I wear that with pride.

Yep.... here's your sign....

Nobody has any control of where they were born or the choices that their ancestors made. There is no reason to be ashamed of the choices that their ancestors made, as it is likely that they chose to follow their conscience and the outcomes have been long decided. I am as proud of my ancestors who followed their friends and neighbors into the Union Army between 1861 and 1865 as a person whose ancestors followed their friends and neighbors into the Confederate Army at the same time. Most of them weren't decision makes and had little control over where events took them.

One day it will dawn on you what Steelhead is talking about.

I used to think he categorized everyone in the north as damn yankees and wasn't sure if I should take offense or show pride. Then the light bulb came on of the demographic of people in which he refers to as Damn Yankees. I ain't one of 'em and most likely you are not either.

The people he refers to ARE Damn Yankees.

P.S. Sorry to screw up the thread. Just wanted to get that one in. Carry on.

Last edited by Rooster7; 07/26/16.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...