Originally Posted by bbassi
Wink that's a gorgeous piece of wood on that carbine. Jealous.

Brent, Interesting story behind that gun and stock.

I had to order it from my LGS way back in 1979 as no one seemed to stock Carbines much back then, consumers were chasing velocity and wanted a 22 inch barrel to shoot deer at 60 yards in the Catskills. The store had several in stock when I ordered it, but no carbines.

Anyways, local LGS owner, Lou Salvato was like a 2nd father to me and knew I was pretty anal about the store unsealing the box before I got there. When they opened it, all I heard from the 6 employees behind the counter was "AHHHHH, look at that wood"., etc.

I truly think that if they had opened the box before I got there, I would have never gotten that particular gun, or at least I wouldn't have gotten the wood that was initially on it.

I also think that when that gun was made, some employee at the Remington Plant was pizzed off at their boss or something and took wood destined for the custom shop and threw it into the regular bin as this is a 760 ADL, not the BDL with the basket weave checkering and I don't think it ever should have gotten that piece of wood. Just a guess but I'll take what I can get.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people