Are you not aware that the roots of gun control in the US are in the South? Interesting reading:

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html

" The 17th article of the 1776 North Carolina Constitution declared:

That the people have a right to bear arms, for the defence of the State; and, as standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power."

I'm a staunch defender of the 2nd amendment. I'll wager I shoot more in a week/month/year than you. My big sin here is living in NY and posing the question of whether owners of black rifles would prefer to have these platforms banned or to have mag restrictions. It's my belief that we are losing the PR battle regarding these rifles and it's just a matter of time before they are banned across most of the US. That's not my wish or desire, but my prediction. This is why I posed the question. I think that there are now owners of these unregistered rifles in NY, who have them squirreled away in their attics, who can't shoot them at ranges or transport them for fear of confiscation and arrest, who would now rather just have the mag. restriction so that they could still use them. I don't own one of these rifles, but if I did, I wouldn't register it, but I would still want to shoot it rather than have it collect dust.

I just get tired of the Yankee us/them crap. We are all in this together. It's more of an urban/rural thing than North/South. No region/State is immune from political or cultural differences. Upstate NY has little in common with NYC. Much of upstate NY votes Republican. Just please cut the prejudiced yankee crap. I does nothing to help any of us.

Sorry for the drift.

Last edited by cooper57m; 07/26/16.