Latest acquisition completed, the 760 Carbine in .308 I've been after from the guy for 7-8 years. He was pretty anal, had a tupperware stock and forend so he didn't scratch the wood while out hunting. He owns a small sporting goods store and knew what he had so I paid dearly but worth it to me. Every time I'd go past the store I'd stop in and talk to him about it, and always the same "I'm not ready to part with it yet", but I finally caught him in the right mood last week.

1970 vintage with a May 1970 date code on the barrel.

Removed the tupperware furniture and put the original wood back on, cleaned it thoroughly, brought the barrel down to bare steel with JB Bore Paste so I can dyna bore coat it.
Mounted a Leupold Vari X II 2X7 period correct gloss scope I had bought and never used from back then in Weaver Pivot Mounts and low Pivot Rings.

Range is currently closed for renovations, supposed to open the end of February, but with the snow, I think it will be longer. Got to get some brass from Crod1972 and work up a load for it.

Very pleased to finally get this gun, .308 Carbines are few and far between from what I've seen.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people