Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Got one of mine ready to roll for this yr. Last time I shot it with a Skinner Lo-Pro sight, it put 4 at a little over 1.5", 3 shot was just under an inch at 100.

Sent that back and paid the difference for a Skinner Express because I goofed and didn't realize my front sight wasn't dovetailed in so wasn't windage adjustable, and the Lo-Pro obviously is not. My fault.

The express peep sits at the right distance for my eyes. Took a couple shots to get it sighted in at 50 then went to a 100 yd target. Tad high but I'll probably leave it alone. 4 shot is just under 1.25", 3 shot just under 3/4". Probably about as good as I can do anymore. It likes this load, that's good because I got a crap ton of those Sierra 150's.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Now that is a winner ST! Awesome shooting buddy!

Thanks bud. At 53 with all the things that I can tell I'm no longer 18, it makes me feel good I can still manage to shoot decent with irons. For now anyhow.

My eyes of course cannot begin to pick up that red circle at 100 yds, that was just for a reference for POI after I got it on the bullseye at 50. All I can do is line up center of the paper.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.