Originally Posted by 4ager
There was a simply awesome little gun shop in VT on Rte 100 that for YEARS had all the old-school pumps and lever guns a man could wish for.

That would probably have been Bill Guilderdale's shop in Stockbridge, just west of the intersection of RT100 and RT107. Bill was truly one of a kind and the variety and quality of stuff that passed through his shop was amazing! I probably bought 20 Savage 1920s from him, as well as countless other rifles and handguns, between 1985 and 1990.

Bill's DIL wrote to me after Bill has passed away and told me that her Son, Bill's Grandson, was going to take over the business, but I have never had the urge to go there since Bill's death. I can imagine Bill in Heaven, sitting on his stool behind the counter with his signature green felt hat on, dispensing all sorts of wisdom to anyone who would listen.

There is still a small gun shop in that general area, Snowsville Store, in East Braintree, VT, between Randolph and Northfield on RT12. It isn't in the same league as Bill's shop, but it is still there.