Originally Posted by JDK
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
Not perfect job of posting a hunting photo, but I got this spike buck on public hunting land basically in the Jackson County Forest near Merrillan, WI. Rifle is a Rem 760 in 35 Rem manufactured circa 1980. It's sorta deluxe with higher gloss wood. Some bright individual before me trimmed the barrel from 22" to 18". They did a good job and the crown is perfect. Accuracy is outstanding. I really enjoy hunting and shooting with this particular thunder stick. It is one of my primary gas-checked cast bullet flinging platforms

Not a huge fan of the 760/7600 even though I have owned 5-6. That said, if I could find an affordable 35 Rem. I would snap it up and call it a day on them. My son has one and thinks the world of it.

I first owned a waffle top Marlin 336RC in 35 rem, and later came across this 760 pump. Trigger isn't the best, but it works. I'm glad others have posted upgrades and possible sources. I think a slim model 7 in 35 rem would be just the ticket. Pressure has always been held to only modest levels in this round, but Lane Simpson posted the possibilities of what this cartridge can do in stronger actios in an article of Handloader 1982