I bought a Remington 760 pump in 30-06 this evening. Son called me from his girlfriends house and said he saw on facebook a 760 at a local gun shop real clean and cheap. I looked and then called them, bought it over the phone. Went to pick it up but NICS check was backed up so I'll get it tomorrow and put up some pics.

I don't know the age, but pre 1970 for sure judging from the rear sight and forend, and metal butttplate. Unmolested, never scoped, no wear on the slide bar or pump tube. One scratch in the finish on the stock, and slight discoloration in the blueing on the receiver and barrel in 2 spots, and I'm sure I can get them out with a good cleaning. Judging from the amount of dust in the muzzle(couldn't see the rifling) I'd venture a guess it hasn't been fired or cleaned in 40 years.

Apparently the guy inherited it, and didn't hunt, and didn't want the gun. Gunshop told him it would be a hard sell because it didn't have a magazine and they set the price accordingly. Seeing I have 3 10 round magazines for it from my other 760 30-06 pump it was a non issue to me. I certainly didn't need it but couldn't pass it up for $250, LMAO.

Incidentally, if anyone has an extra original 4 round magazine for a 30-06 I'd be interested in buying one. Feel free to shoot me a pm with a price.

Edit: The gun looks identical to Hookeyes gun in his post with his buck 8 posts above mine.

Last edited by wink_man; 11/30/18.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people