Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Originally Posted by gunner500
I did, last week i shot a bunch of revolvers, threw them on the back picnic table, swabbed everything with Hoppes to let soak and grabbed my 1955 760 '06, filled a mag plus one in pipe with 165 hot cors, shot about a 1.75" five shot group at 100 centered around 2.5-3 inches high LOL, GTG, never chronoed the load, just book max load imr-4831, it'll be plenty fast enough for 250 yard white tail deer hunting.

Gunner your're good to go! Those 165 Hot Cores think they are Nosler Partitions and act like it, too!

Good to know WN, Thank you Sir, the old man i bought that rifle from over 30 years ago gave me those bullets to go with it, he also gave me a can of IMR-4831, it reads $6.35 per pound, he also gave me a 100 Rem 9-1/2 mag primers, they have a cardboard sleeve slip cover, the primers are stacked in a little wooden crate, it would be more than cool to bust a big buck with the rifle and components from so long ago, rifle still wears the same 2-7 Redfield in weavers it came to me with. smile

That's some cool components there.