Time to resurrect this thread even though deer season is a long way off and because I like pump rifles.

I just finished up this 270 that I bought late in December of last year. Left handed model, Remington 760 pump, 1971 vintage BDL Deluxe in .270.
The boogered up recoil pad went and I found an original buttplate on Gunbroker.
The Bushnell Sportview 3X9 went too, along with those famous "see thru" mounts these guns are known for.
Barrel was dirty with carbon but not much copper, I don't think it was shot much especially in light of the fact that the guy put a poorly fitting recoil pad on it that couldn't even be tightened up, it was under size, so were the screws. Fortunately he didn't cut the stock.

I put a Weaver #62 base on it as I have no more #162 pivot bases and rings. I was looking for a period correct scope when I happened on a 1968 vintage Remington 700 that had a Denver Redfield 2X7 on it and purchased it. At first I thought the scope was no good, as it was blurry, but the gun was a steal even without the scope being functional. Well the 700 was stored for a long time in a closet and the family must have smoked because when I cleaned the nicotene off the objective lens the scope was crystal clear, I lucked out. I had different plans for the 700 with a different scope I had in mind for it anyways. Mounted the Denver Redfield in low rings and it's complete. Should make a nice whitetail rifle with 150 grain roundnoses. Fortunately this gun wasn't used or abused much and was in great condition for it's age. I'm pretty happy with it.

[Linked Image]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people