Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Leatherneck
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Got one of mine ready to roll for this yr. Last time I shot it with a Skinner Lo-Pro sight, it put 4 at a little over 1.5", 3 shot was just under an inch at 100.

Sent that back and paid the difference for a Skinner Express because I goofed and didn't realize my front sight wasn't dovetailed in so wasn't windage adjustable, and the Lo-Pro obviously is not. My fault.

The express peep sits at the right distance for my eyes. Took a couple shots to get it sighted in at 50 then went to a 100 yd target. Tad high but I'll probably leave it alone. 4 shot is just under 1.25", 3 shot just under 3/4". Probably about as good as I can do anymore. It likes this load, that's good because I got a crap ton of those Sierra 150's.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have 7600 Carbine with a monte carlo stock. I've always wanted to put a peep sight on it, but heard that a lot of guys don't like using them with the higher comb. Do you wish it had a straight comb?

My 7600 308 has the Monte Carlo stock with a peep site and I have long been meaning to replace the stock with a low comb stock. Been years since I’ve shot the rifle and this thread was the thread that broke the camels back. Have an 870 20 gauge buttstock in my midway cart now.

Bringing this back up and am wondering if you got the stock and how you like it?? I really like this rifle, carries well and shoots well, but I will admit that if I practice just snapping it up I'm a touch high with my head/eye when I first shoulder it. I don't think about it otherwise because with a peep your eye naturally looks for the most light and the most light is when your eye is centered in the peep but that takes an extra second or so to get burrowed in proper. If not snap shooting I don't think about it.

The most natural shouldering peep rifle I have as far as eye alignment is a 141. If I look at a small spot and snap it up my eye is naturally centered in the peep.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.