Originally Posted by bbrown
I recently picked up a real clean model six 30-06 at a gun show, the gun shop selling it didn’t know much about saying as he was loading his truck to go the show a guy pulled in wanted to sell six guns so he bought them and through them in the truck. Anyway it appears to have been shot very little , it has a 18.5 inch barrel and everything I have seen said they only came in 22” barrels? Has anyone ever seen one in 18.5 from the factory? The rifle also has a recoil pad that looks factory but most I can find pictures of have a butt plate. Could the gun have been ordered like this or do you think someone had it shortened and added the recoil pad ?

They were made with standard 22 inch barrels and they also made carbine models with 18 & 1/2 in barrels.

I have a 760 pump with an 18 & 1/2 inch barrel bought brand new in 1979.

Some people have shortened the 22 inch barrels, but as far as I know, the 18 & 1/2 inch carbine models from the factory all had "Carbine" stamped on the barrel.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, no 760, model 6 or 7600 ever came from the factory with a recoil pad on it.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people