Originally Posted by beretzs
Jeeze. They can keep it for that price.

Agreed. The date code I was able to enlarge and it was manufactured June 1979, the last year of the 760 production and only one out of the 5 years that they made a .35 Remington 760 CARBINE.

Records from the old Remington site before they went under indicated only a total of 454 760 Carbines in .35 Remington were produced in total. so if that gun was truly a CARBINE, in .35 Remington and someone butchered it like that to make it a .358 Winchester, that would be a sin. Even if not a true Carbine, a standard 760 in .35 Remington in good to excellent condition is worth $1200 or a little better today.

However, I've yet to see a true Carbine for sale where the seller didn't show the "CARBINE" stamp on the barrel and this guy did not show the section of the barrel where "CARBINE" is stamped so I'm thinking it's a 22 inch standard model lopped down to 18 & 1/2 inches.
If it was a true .35 Remington Carbine and it was unaltered he prolly could have added about 3 grand to his asking price before he butchered it up.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people