Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by tmitch
I picked this .30-30 carbine off Cabelas sale rack last year for cheap. Sweet little gun. I've been contemplating sending it to JES to punch it out to .375. When I called and inquired whether it was feasible, he said he's done several and they work great. Might have to get off my a$$ and send it in.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TMitch, I'm no 760? [old pump gun] aficionado by any stretch, and your rifle of course, but I wouldn't drill that 30-30 Sir, that's got to be a rare bird, running 170gr Partitions at 2400 fps with RL-15 aint going to run from much, plus, you could send 150gr Partitions outta that little mag fed? banger, nice rifle, Congrats on the purchase.

The Savage 170 isn't a particularly strong action, so I'd use caution before trying to making into something that it wasn't designed to be. Savage made them just srong enough to operate at 30-30 and 35 REM pressure levels, so stressing it might lead to problems.

They work pretty well within the parameters of their design, as good woods range medium game hunting rifles.

Agreed, speaking of old 760's, I cant make heads nor tails out of Remingtons serial number codes, does anyone know what year 314xxx may be for a 760?

Trump Won!