Jam-o-matic haha. I have literally never heard it called that until this thread! But, its an accurate description. My dad had one in 243 that he accounted for a stack of deer with over his lifetime. I have it now and its a really pretty BDL model with a fine glossy stock. I always liked to "look at it" but never shot it because i figured its accuracy just HAD to be sub par to what id want.

Feeling nostalgic one day after the old mans passing, i pulled it, and his model 7 stainless 243 out , found 40 rounds of his favorite factory load (federal premium gold and blue box , 85gr sierra HPBT) , and went and set up some targets. (he was a handloader as well and taught me at an early age, but the boxes of handloaded 243 around the house were unlabeled as to load, so i passed.)

I like the model 7 alot, but the accuracy is truly ho-hum. It kills and ive taken some game with it since. So after shooting it i said what the heck this old auto is gonna be pretty lame...

200yrds, 3 rounds fired fast, 3/4 inch triangle. JAM AFTER EVER SHOT. reload. 3 rounds fired fast. 1 inch triangle, JAM AFTER EVERY SHOT. Dad was the type to "sight in " a rifle on the 25yd range in our back yard and call it good.... so i was surprised to say the least. It doesnt jam much in the back of the safe. I took two hogs at 230 ish yards on the trot across a open crop field with it and thats all the use ive had for it. had to monkey with it to get it to feed for the second shot that time as well.

I'd be glad to have a nice 30-06 pump wander into my life though.

Last edited by jmd025; 08/11/16.

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"