Originally Posted by wink_man
Had to resurrect this thread, one of the best ones on here. Just read through the whole thing.

I've been looking for a pristine 760 in .35 Remington for a long time. Missed the one on here that Magmarc told me about because I was in Florida last year.

Don't want to talk prematurely, BUT, my son has a line on one. It is in a shop, upstairs on a repair rack. Apparently had a minor repair done and has sat on the rack for 4 years or so. They finally contacted the owners and they don't want it, and we have first crack at it. That's all I know, hopefully will know more next week.

If I am fortunate enough to get it, these Weaver Pivot rings and base are going on it. And the next thing I'll be searching for is an old school El Paso Weaver low power scope with Post and cross hair recticle.

Not that I'll use the iron sights because they are blurry to me nowadays, but this pivot mount is the epitome of coolness as far as I am concerned. I will post when I learn more, hopefully this coming week.
[Linked Image]

wink_man

I have those mounts on several of my 760/7600's, even my old 870 slug gun has them. Never had an issue with them returning to zero. And, yes, I'm 'old school' laugh

I recently picked up a 760 in 300Sav with an El Paso Weaver 2.5X with post reticle in Weaver pivots. Haven't had much time to play with it yet. Pretty cool old rifle--bought it from the original owner.

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.