Originally Posted by Blackheart
[quote/] I hadn't been there 15 minutes when a huge old doe and her fawn from the spring walked right on top of me. I centered the crosshairs on the big does chest and cocked the rifle. With the click all hell broke loose. They ran right down the hollow to dad where he busted the big doe with the .270

That never happens. Deer simply don't react that way to metallic clicks from safeties and hammers at close range. Just ask the experts here who have seen it all like BobinNH and battue. [/quote]

Here I am just minding my own business ......and along comes the NY expert...LOL!

I never professed to have "seen it all"...those are you words. Not mine . sick

Anyway here's another one from last year that didn't hear the safety go off on a M70 that was slapped forward.Shot him down in the timber off hand (lets call it 40-50 yards(?). Anyway it's moot if he heard it or not,isn't it? He looks dead to me....what do you think?

270 BTW....that cartridge that some people can't kill deer with.....

Blackheart you are just one reason this place is so funny at times..... wink

[Linked Image]

Here's a toad killed with a 7600 Pump in 270 (not mine) last year by my pal, Mr. Kane. he's killed a jillion with that safety....This buck heard the safety ,too I guess....so he hung around a second too long trying to figure out what that noise was I guess. Maybe he is so BIG, and OLD, that his hearing was impaired? You figure it out.

Note the shot placement....guess the buck was looking right at Paul. Must have heard the safety....(?).

[Linked Image]

Mauser 98 safety....clickety-click....again...270 WCF. This one only dressed 237#'s. My buddy's buck,last year,again.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BobinNH; 07/11/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.