First deer I shot was a doe that dressed 132#. I was in a stand on a small ridge, she down in creekbottom, and about 50 yards. I aimed to clip onside shoulder to see what would happen, deer quartering to. BOOM! and she's running toward me and loops to right...........slams into fallen tree and stretches a leg............done.
I did clip the shoulderblade, getting one lung and plowed a nasty hamburger type hole through the liver. Rib had a white spot on far side where a chink came out. Bullet had come apart, biggest I could find (chunk) through the soup was less than 50 gr pc.

Next yr, same load........131" 9 pt at 75 yards. Behind shoulder onside, front of shoulder exit on far side. Exit was larger than entrance. he flinched and ran hard for less than 75 yards, looks to have died mid stride.

BT was minimal at 20 yards. 40 yards it was pretty darn good.

Doe had no exit, high entrance.........so no BT.

Hornady 200 RN, loaded hot enough to almost stick in the Contender carbine (whatever that was). Had a guy cutting cases to meet our PCR spec, he loaded some up. I said they were too wimpy, next batch he cranked em up and they shot around an inch at 100 and had some bump. I told him that works for me!

Indeed.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/05/17.