Originally Posted by MagMarc
One thing about those place you can always get a Yuengling!

Like I did, you grew up in the then-land of schit beer as the South was truly that. As such, I can understand your appreciation of a decent, though not anything special, beer.

In through the 80s, the South had the extraordinary selection of beers that were summed up with this list:

Bud
Bud Light
Coors Light
Miller High Life
PBR
Old Milwaukee

If you were to have gone fishing with my father or any of his friends, one of those last three along with a sleeve of saltines and a can of potted meat and a flat of sardines would have been lunch. Every time, all the time.

In the 90s, Coors Original and Miller Genuine Draft were added and it was almost like manna from Heaven. Yuengling and Rolling Rock showed up about the same time, as did Fosters and the pseudo-Mexican beers (Corona and Dos Equis).

FINALLY, decent beers have come to the South and in fact are made in the South. I will give Yankee territory credit for that; they always had better beer until very recently. We had the better whisky, bourbon, and shine, but they had the beer.

Marc, if you haven't tried Sunken City Red Clay IPA (brewed near SML, named for the towns at the bottom of the lake), give it a try.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.