The signal that authorities are ready to take action is apparent in the article.

Ontario premier to 'Freedom Convoy' protesters in Ottawa: 'Move on'
Michael Woods & Ted Raymond, CTV News Ottawa

excerpts -

Ontario's premier is urging the demonstrators associated with the "Freedom Convoy" to leave downtown Ottawa, saying they need to let residents return to living their lives

Ottawa's former police chief says officers' negotiations with organizers will be key to ending the demonstration.

"In my opinion, this is no longer a protest. This is an occupation of our city," Charles Bordeleau told CTV News at Noon. "I've never seen anything like this in my career."

Bordeleau said he thinks police have done a "tremendous job" managing the situation so far given its volatility, and face a "delicate balance" in dealing with the demonstrators.

“The risk of things going south on you with a large crowd that is very passionate and committed to their cause is very high,” said Bordeleau, who was Ottawa’s police chief from 2012 to 2019. “So they have to be very surgical as to when and where they will escalate their efforts to start removing vehicles and effecting arrests.

Bordeleau said once police reduce the size of the group to a “small core of individuals,” they can then escalate their level of force and “forcibly remove them from the downtown core.”

The rest here - https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2373258&jwsource=cl

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]