Originally Posted by BC30cal
673;
Morning sir, I see your light is on and suspect the fire is lit and the coffee poured up there too. Hope all is well in your world.

As I recall now, Pierre was starting a family and didn't want to have that time away from the new baby.

He's been a lifetime politician after getting out of university - there is that - but I've been following him for maybe 15 years and so far he's not disappointed me as far as I could tell.

I was at one time more hopeful for Michelle Garner-Rempel, but now she's sort of faded out of the limelight and she did a wee bit of virtue signaling one time that made me wince. That said I make mistakes daily - heck I got that first one out of the way today already!

Candice Bergen is a southern Manitoba lady who I've always thought was pretty tough minded. She might tick the right boxes?

Leslyn Lewis ticked a bunch of the boxes but was thought of as too far right, so there you go.

As far as O'Toole goes I felt he did fairly well yesterday as he's not the pit bull Pierre is and neither was Stephen Harper. He used pit pulls and that's not a bad thing for a leader to do in my view.

When I saw Prince Hide n Seek I wasn't surprised by the tone and rhetoric, I just hope our fellow Canadians can hear how much he despises everyone else other than his little circle. Things like Ezra and Viva Frei wandering the streets interviewing Ottawa citizens and police don't help the left narrative, but again we'll see.

Jagmeet did exactly what I thought he'd do in all this as he's a pretty face paid to read a script. Too bad he doesn't come off as believable, but he's no Jack Layton or even a Mulcair for that matter.

Blanchet and the Bloc might be misreading the crowd too, we'll see. I was shocked at the number of Quebecois Viva interviewed - in a fantastic way for sure.

For me after seeing half of Ontario show up there, I don't feel as much like it's only a western issue anymore and that's not nothing either, you know?

Anyways, I keep on saying we'll see, but lots of the media from outside Canada has been pretty unflattering to Hide n Seek, so let's hope this all works for good.

In the meantime I'll continue to pray for the likes of Nashville and those there and truly for us all. We need some divine guidance if not intervention.

Have a good one.

Dwayne

Good afternoon, Dwayne! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Your comments about the Conservative leadership are interesting, for sure. My take on the issue is that we don't have a conservative party in Canada. We have some left-wing parties, and a centrist party. I really wanted to see Derek Sloan become leader. Then we would have some actual conservative leadership. Leslyn Lewis would have been a better choice, as well, IMO. The notion that Lewis or Sloan are too far right for the Conservative party really illustrates the ideological drift to the left that our nation has been undergoing over the last few years. Someone needs to stand and pull the country back to the center (as a start), by pulling consistently to the right.