I dropped by our local farmers market today. 2 weeks ago when I was there I noticed one of the vendors had a sign on his booth “Closed - gone to Ottawa”. I stopped and talked to him today.

He went with his daughter, who asked him to take her. He said the convoy was amazing, people cheering on overpasses - thousands of them. When they got to Ottawa they got one phone number that connected them to everything they needed. Local citizens were providing rooms to sleep, free food and other supplies.

The atmosphere at the protest was just as amazing, people cheering and dancing.

A good friend of his is still there and was at the seizure of the fuel. The CBC showed up first (what a coincidence) and got set up. Then the cops moved in, in full riot gear and grabbed about 5 jerry cans. It was a total photo op.

There’s a local protest happening today starting at 1 pm. I’m going to go to it. Unlike in Toronto, I think it’s important to drive my car in the convoy to add to the numbers.

One thing that strikes me about this is - why aren’t we hearing about a Covid spike in Ottawa with hospitals being overwhelmed? That many unmasked people, with others moving in and out on the weekend is the definition of a “super-spreader”. Yet all we’re hearing about is how the gov’t needs to be obeyed! Hmmm?