Saturday night was huge. A lot of people coming out despite it being a cold and windy day. Once again the hill was filled with families and grandparents taking part in another weekend of celebration. There is still no shortage of anything up here. Good food, hot drinks and endless smiles litter the streets. Music and passionate speeches filled the air well into the night. Some more small convoys arrived from all over Canada. While they won’t be able to make it up onto the hill to park they have found other places throughout the area and have come in to help bolster numbers and swap out with others that need to return home for a bit.

Yesterday morning I joined in with a group of about 150-200 people for day three of the Jericho march. The loop encompasses the three parliament buildings along with the Supreme Court. That seems fitting. After the march we stood in line for an hour waiting for a small pancake and two little sausages which was donated by the PPC. I think they well underestimated the amount of people that were going to show up. While Sunday’s are usually fairly quite as most people are travelling back home, yesterday was an exception. Several hundred people stayed for the day to listen to more speeches and continue the celebration. I didn’t stay too long on the hill. I took the rest of the afternoon off to relax. I ended up meeting some new friends who invited me for a coffee on them. We spent a few hours talking before they took off for home in Toronto. I went back to the trailer to lay down, I was soon informed that I wouldn’t have time. The BIL had made plans for us through our friends in Gatineau. Some of their friends had invited us over to watch the super bowl. It was a bit strange considering neither of us follows sports of any kind. Off we went and soon we found ourselves making friends once again. Quick showers before the game started helped us relax. The amount of food they had, I assumed that it was going to be a big party. It turned out the the two of us were the only guests. Ribs, chicken, potatoes, veggies, apple pie, tea and an endless supply of snacks filled us to the brim. We finished up the game and decided we would do out update from their place. BIL’s phone started acting up and wouldn’t let him film his update, saying there wasn’t enough storage left. We opened up some space on his phone, more than enough to record the video but his wouldn’t have it. We filmed on my phone but couldn’t figure out how to open the file on his phone. Apple and Android really do not like each other. It doesn’t help that neither of us are very tech savvy so we after an hour of trying we gave up. It turned out to be a good thing as new updates came in right away which would have countered some of the news we would have put out. Our hosts gave us a ride back to our trailer around midnight. As tired as I was it still took a while to fall asleep.

This morning I decided to sleep in. I ended up missing the Jericho march but the BIL made it out. I can hear music outside from here in the trailer so there must be some people arriving on the hill. It’s another cold day here but it’s blue skies on sun. I’ll probably relax here in the trailer for a while longer. There has been more social interaction in the past three weeks than I usually get in a year I think, it’s surprisingly exhausting.

Pitter Patter!