Hey guys!

It’s been a while since I’ve given an update. I’m finally home again and yesterday was my first day to just do nothing by myself.

After leaving Ottawa I went and met back up with a few friends along the way that I had made during the protests. A few were feeling lost and uneasy after returning home and trying to figure out how to go back to a normal life again. I wanted to hopefully give them a little encouragement before returning home myself as the list of things I needed to do was piling up. I pushed home fairly quick though I ended up stuck in Winnipeg for an evening due to a blizzard that shut down the highways. I spent a couple hours stuck in the middle of a road at one point as it was a complete whiteout.

Once the highways were open I drove the rest of the way home. Just before hitting the AB border I got a call from my grandfather letting me know he sold his home and needed help moving. I arrived home, unpacked the car, did a load of laundry and went to bed. After waking up in the morning I loaded up another duffle bag and hit the road again to go help my grandfather. We spent a few days together cleaning out his shop and loading all his tooling into a couple trailers. Once we were finished I hit the road again. My other grandfather had passed while I was in Ottawa and now his house would have to be cleaned out as well. I spent the past week or more at his place cleaning out the house.

I’m happy to be home though there is a lot to get caught up on again in my own life. As far as protests go, I haven’t kept up much with what’s happening across the country. I talked with a couple of guys about a week ago that had stayed in Ottawa to continue organizing. They were still going but things were pretty slow. I’m not sure how involved I can be right now until I get my own life back on track a bit.

Thank you to all those that supported us through our journey in Ottawa. I really can’t say enough to show my gratitude towards you guys. Take care.

Pitter Patter!