Hey Guys, quick update and clarification on the Tim Hortons thing.

It’s mid week now and of course day time is generally fairly quiet in the way of foot traffic. The evenings pick up and turn back in to a block party kind of feel. We still haven’t heard from nor seen most of the convoy. They’re still stuck away from here and most of us don’t really know when or how they’re going to make it in. There are reports that the “second wave” of people will hit this weekend in a big way, we’re really hoping they do.

Over the past couple days we have started to see more “on the fence” locals. They were angry with us but had the sense to shut off the news and came down to see us in person. They are almost always completely blown away at how different things are from what the news is reporting. The sidewalks have all been shovelled. There isn’t any garbage on the street. The lone soldier has been covered in flowers and has a 24hr guard on it.
No one is being harassed around here besides us occasionally and we are trying to support every business we can. Every hotel room seems to be completely booked.

Besides noise and disrupting traffic in a few areas (which many work from home anyway and we are in the commercial section of town, not residential) we haven’t done anything else to cause any issues. Many of the things that MSM is reporting are either completely over exaggerated or false altogether.

Terry fox was dressed up but he’s been dressed up by every other protest, it’s just not an issue if it’s a leftist protest. He was holding a flag upside down which is the symbol of a nation in distress. It’s legal and we are a nation in distress which is why we are here.

Any racist flags wavers are quickly spotted and called out before being run off. They never show their face, always hiding their identity and they carry a backpack with a change of clothes.

I have not been able to find any videos on the war memorial so I cannot comment on that though a guy from Edmonton has now spent three days and three nights guarding the memorial. He’s picked up all the garbage, digging out cigarette butts from the cracks in the paving stones. He sweeps away snow and straightens the flowers. The only time he will leave is to use the facilities in which he leaves someone else on guard.

The cops are not being harassed by anyone on our side and in fact feel more like family standing with us. They walk around and shake hands with those in the grounds. They laugh and joke and help bring food to the truckers or take off down streets of truckers pointing them towards the nearest BBQ happening so they don’t miss out.

Every day we have locals showing up to support us and beg us not to leave. How long will we be here!? Just two weeks… to flatten the curve.

As for Tim hortons. On our way here with the convoy there were a couple reports of individual franchises that were refusing to serve truckers. Outraged, several people called head quarters demanding an explanation. Head quarters condemned any franchise refusing service to anyone and asked us for the locations of those refusing to serve truckers. They let us know that they DO support us and will take care of any franchise not cooperating. Personally I think Tim hortons is the worst restaurant?? in the world. The food is disgusting and the coffee is only slightly better. That being said, there are two locations that I know of in the vicinity of where we are camped. Both locations are serving truckers and have not enforced or even commented on the lack of masks. They don’t ask for passports.
Because of the support from Tim hortons I have actually purchased coffee there a couple times now this past week. I even had a long conversation with a young woman working the till at one. She couldn’t believe what the MSM was saying about us as she knew it was all false. She also called out the BS of businesses “not being able to open”. They’re open and haven't had an issue. Their supply trucks could get in and deliver without issue.

Hopefully this will clear up a few things.

Take care!

Pitter Patter!