Originally Posted by wabigoon
Is this a bigger deal than the Louis Riel Rebellion?

wabigoon;
Morning my friend, I hope you're all well down in Iowa this morning.

The question, as you've asked it and please understand I'm not picking nits here, merely making some observations, is too broad to give a definitive answer in my view.

Neither Riel Rebellion brought unity between east and west in Canada, though it did solidify westerners distrust for the government in Ottawa to some degree. For sure the FN and Metis couldn't have thought it was a fair way to address their very real grievances, correct?

In this age of interconnectedness, it allows folks in places like Holland, France and New Zealand to start their own movements to address issues in their lives and if we see Canadian flags there, we can infer there was "some" influence from here, but determining how much would be impossible. Just as impossible as the Riel Rebellion having an effect on France, Holland or New Zealand at that time in history, given the speed news and information traveled then, no?

All I can say wabigoon, as I've said previously, is that if you'd have offered me a bet that Quebecois would be meeting in Ottawa to openly hug and pray with people from BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan, I'd have firmly replied that would not be possible, much less feasible... and yet we witnessed it repeatedly didn't we?

We can say the people had had enough wabigoon, we can say God is awakening folks or we can say that the devil himself knows the time is short and he's got his crew in a tizzy. There may well be truth in all or none of it, I'm not able to say.

What's happening is absolutely unique in my lifetime however and as I keep saying, that's not nothing.

We'll see.

As I know you're a man of faith, we very much appreciate your prayers. We as a nation and as individuals need wisdom, discernment and then peace to accept what God has for us.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"