Thanks ElkSlayer, I’ve been doing everything from my phone as I never imagined I would be doing anything like this and so never thought to prepare.

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Fixing Nashville’s reply to 1OntarioJim, so people can see exactly what Nashville’s replies were. It didn’t come out correctly with his original reply above.

Originally Posted by Nashville
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
The comments by Nashville seem very biased to me.

Hard not to be when I lived in the middle of this for a month and saw most of it first hand. Hard to watch CBC/Global/CBC mainly only come out on monday or tuesday morning every week, point their cameras down an empty street and then report that “supporters are losing interest and leaving”. Why don’t they show up on the weekends and actually report unbiasedly?

Being retired I was able to watch hours of the activity in Ottawa over several days, as did members of my family.

I watched and listened to it 24/7.

As an example he says he spoke to people who are thinking of returning to their home countries due to what they saw. He then blames this on the government and the police. He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

We very well could have all gone home and in doing so all of the corruption that is occurring nation wide would have been left covered up and no one would be the wiser. It is the corruption of the country coming to light that has made these immigrant friends want to leave, police breaking up a lawful (see judges remarks from both injunctions), peaceful protest is just an example. Maybe you’re right though, perhaps we should have left the country to believing that everything is going great here in Canada!

In my opinion if the protestors had spent two or three days and then left their message would have been heard and police activity would have been unnecessary.

The protestors stayed as clearly, the message was not heard.

No acknowledgment is made of the grief created for the residents living in the downtown area whose sleep was disturbed for weeks. Also the loss of business created by the truckers presence.

Their sleep was not disturbed for weeks, honking from protestors was normally finished by 11pm every night with the exception of friday and saturday nights. The noise injunction was put in place 10 days in to the protest and remained throughout. Many horns heard past midnight were counter protestors honking as they drove by and gave everyone the finger. There is an affidavit with 120+ signatures of residents in the directly (very small portion of the city) affected area that have said the noise was not bad and that they supported the protest. Every day I had locals coming to the trailer to thank us and beg us not to leave, many were government workers that would lose their jobs had they been caught there. As far as businesses being affected, only the ones that listened to city officials and closed up shop lost out on business. The protestors asked all businesses to open and those that did have had the best sales by far in over two years. One of those businesses has offered me free food for life because of their profits (over 100% profit over regular winter months) and to thank me for coming out from AB to help fight for all Canadians rights of choice.

Another interesting fact is the majorly reduced crime rates during the protest. Those stats are published for you to look up.

I won't try to use any other examples since this crowd will try to disavow my comments any way. You would not admit to the number of people out there who do not support what the protestors were doing and felt the local police chief was, at least, partly to blame for being so slow to take action to bring things under control.

There are many that don’t support, though I would also argue that many don’t understand as they have only listened to MSM reports on the matter. We have an ongoing problem in Canada that our majority is usually silent as opposed to a very loud minority.

There, now every one is free to continue with their distortions. Jim

There is a lot more coverage by those that actually participated on the hill than those that falsely reported on it.

There are many MPs and Senators that have reported on their experiences walking through and observing the protest. The only ones that kick and scream are those that never went down to look for themselves to make an informed opinion. Do remember that every person that worked in parliament over the past month had to pass through the protest every day to get to work. Clearly there was no threat to anyone as they were allowed to continue working in the building.

Pitter Patter!