Jim, like Steve would first to call the police on you and your family for not following some ridiculous mandate

Originally Posted by BC30cal
Jim;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope you're either getting better weather than we are or if not that the woodpile is amply stocked at your house.

With the understanding that I'm not trying to engage in a bladder pressure contest with you or anyone - here or ever - I'll offer the following.

When you were watching hours of activity on the streets, were you doing it on independent channels such as VivaFrei on YouTube or via some legacy media?

Like you, I watched and also listened on headphones while I was doing other tasks, then would watch some of the reporting from the legacy media to compare what I had seen to what they were saying.

The loss of business created by the truckers presence was the result of the Ottawa mayor giving an order to businesses in the area to shut down wasn't it? There were a couple coffee shop owners interviewed who defied the order and one interview I watched the owner said he'd had better sales in that time than he had in the past couple of years. It looked like he was being honest, but who can say for sure?

The noise would indeed have been a problem and that's likely why the judge ordered it to stop at night quite early on.

Please understand I'm not attempting to disavow your statements, merely answering and/or asking questions based upon what I saw - albeit on the other side of the country.

If I've intentionally written or suggested anything on this topic or any that I intentionally distorted my statements to put my opinion in a better light, I'm sorry. I do not recall doing that and do my best not to make a practice of it either.

My intention is to have people question what they see and are told, to dig beyond the usual sources, to ask hard questions and attempt to get answers that make sense.

In my opinion then, if the protest had only lasted a couple days, it would not have shown me personally the degree to which both the legacy media as well as some members of the government will misrepresent what I saw. Again what "saw" was for sure videoed by a number of different independent folks as well as the legacy media cameras as well.

Finally I'd suggest that we're all going to view life through the lens of our own personal experiences. I'm not certain how we could do otherwise?

I will personally stop at calling them distortions however, but respect your opinion and right to do so.

All the best and God bless.

Dwayne