just got back from our local protest. Met in a small city 40km away. I’d say 4-500 vehicles, trucks, cars, tractors. Lots of people had their kids.

The convoy pulled out about 12:45. We were maybe in the first 100 vehicles. We drove through 3 cities at about 35-40km an hour (tractor speed). Lots of people on the roadside waving flags and smiling.

I had strapped a 5 gal jerry can to the roof of my Prius. Lost count of how many people saw it, smiled, pointed, then gave me a thumbs up!

Saw two drivers going the other way give us the finger. One old guy shovelling snow gave us a thumbs down. Saw a few drivers with their mask on. Whether abject stupidity or their own small counter-protest, I don’t know.

Stopped at a railway crossing for a Via Rail train (our national passenger rail). The Engineer gave us a good long blast on the horn!

After 2.5 hours we peeled off as the convoy went by about 2 blocks from our home. An hour later we can still hear the honking as they continue rumbling by.

Talked to a native guy at the startup. He said “Now you know how we feel. He’s been screwing us for years!” There were a lot of other natives there, too (we’re 1/2 hour from 6 Nations, one of the largest reserves, population-wise).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from ]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Wannabebwana; 02/12/22.