thanks for update.

Millions of Americans are praying you. Anything more we can do to help. My friends and I donated to the go fund me account. Any separate accounts to provide food or fuel for the freedom rally?

Originally Posted by Nashville
Dwayne, 673 and all others.

Thank you guys for the prayers and all the support.
The media is really trying to spin this and bring everyone here and everywhere down but we know better. I think everyone against us overestimated their support and underestimated the opposition.

Every day we walk around and talk with each other, sharing news, sharing the support we’re receiving from every little nook not just in our country but from around the world. Locals make a point of coming by daily to thank us and beg us not to leave. There are many here that of course won’t agree and would rather complain from their couches and believe what they are told, too stubborn to even turn on social media to see the truth for themselves. They live just a few minutes away and they refuse to come down to experience this for themselves. I saw an article this morning about a women’s shelter that feels threatened by the convoy… a convoy filled with young children and women. This is the happiest, safest gathering I have ever seen let alone one of this magnitude.

Last night we were offered a poutine dinner by some locals from Gatineau. Two middle aged women that try to come down and see us every evening, waving their flags and celebrating. We walked down a stretch of road where lots of homeless stay and seems to be in a bit of a rougher area though not bad. I never thought anything of it until I over heard one off the women mention it to her friend. The other woman laughed and said they don’t have to worry, look. She was referring to all the strangers carrying flags. Everyone of them were on the same side as us and she knew it.

Later in the evening we met and had a quick meeting with an Alberta MP to discuss the convoy. He says he’s on the fence with what’s happening though it’s hard to tell what they really mean when a politician is speaking. I don’t think we agreed on much really, even covering the topic of the tool being ousted.
He believes support is waning for the convoy, especially in AB. I disagree. I do believe we all need to start emailing and calling our MPs if we are in support to show them that the people are behind this convoy.

As far as trouble on the ground, it seems all arrests made have been counter protesters, one going so far as to bring firearms down here. There are less cops around, I’ve heard due to the vaccine mandates for LEOs that just came into effect here in ON.

Each day brings a lot of rumours, mostly negative but we don’t worry. I look at the streets, clean from refuse. I see smiling faces all day long. I see people being fed. Strangers hugging, sharing a drink and a story. Every person here is expecting to be financially ruined from this and yet you won’t find a tear shed from despair though you will see many tears of joy.

Your support carries us all through each day. It inspires each other here on this thread or here in Ottawa. Hope is contagious and it’s making us all the better for it.

Take care.

Last edited by ribka; 02/03/22.