downwindtracker2;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one out at the coast for you.

The sticky wicket or problem I see with the position of calling any gathering an "illegal gathering" is who gets to determine it and by what process, correct?

For instance when the Penticton Riot or the Vancouver Riot took place, as far as I've been able to ascertain there were steps taken where the mayor or representative of the mayor need to read our version of the riot act, which then suspends the right to assembly for a specified length of time.

The Emergency Measures Act seems to do that too alright, but it wasn't designed to be used for "illegal gatherings" as per Hon. Brian Peckford's many and several interviews on the subject.

Where we - you and I - stand to run into grief then is that our service club, fish and game club, church, temple or synagogue could be arbitrarily added to the list of illegal gatherings without any recourse until the Act is lifted. That's as I read and understand it anyways.

Again I'll say, this is all fine and good as long as "they" are doing what "we" like, but if by some chance a charismatic far, far, FAR right leader comes into power for instance, can we not imagine the possibilities?

When I read up on the Winnipeg Strike - I absolutely can.

Thanks for your time and all the best to you this Family Day weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"