Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by renegade50
I need to pick something up with a syn stock and do a whack a mole toothbrush camo job on it .
Or just get a syn stock outta one of the barrels of em at a LGS
Make a thread about it how easy it is to do and how it turns out again.

That's also something sockpuppet trolls never do.
Start threads to show how to do stuff that others might be interested in doing themselves.
Sockpuppets share 0 knowledge about schit either, because they have none to begin with.

Gawd that original syn stock camo paint thread was a abortion of trial and error for me.
But it dawned on me about the whack a mole paint job looking at granite like multi colored stocks trying to get ideas.

renegade50;
Good afternoon again, I hope the day has been progressing well for you.

For sure stock painting threads are always good.

Somebody here and it might have been you sir, clued me in to the fact that a clear coat on top of the Krylon might help it to stay on another season or two.

This is the walking around rifle's new suit for 2022. It's a Wildcat Composites stock that I stripped down to the base this time, then textured it with something I forget now - spray paint in a can from Canadian Tire. Then the base color, then the accents and finally the matte clear. This is the one that wrecked the spike mulie's heart this year.

[Linked Image]

This one got some black accents in the stock molding left by masking them and then the same base and camo pattern sprayed on. No clear on this one - I didn't know about that twist when I did it, but next time!! laugh

[Linked Image]

Anyways, even if I don't always comment, I do like the "I did a thing/modified a shotgun" sort of threads a lot.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne
Alot of you guys got some basic talent doing those pattern camo jobs like how your stocks turned out.👍👍👍

My attempts where like picasso on LSD at a lasar light show inspired nightmares.
All I can say is thank God for Acetone and green scotch pads on those 1st 3 crash and burns..
Always test a area on a syn stock for acetone reaction.
Some are safe with it, some are not.

The toothbrush whack a mole is what worked out for me.
Glad I failed 3 times and was not satisfied and started looking at other patterns on the web to get some ideas from.

The spider webbing stuff also looked interesting to me also.

Basically over thinking a camo pattern and then trying to improve is counterproductive big time in the results.