renegade;
Good afternoon sir, I hope that the day is behaving for you other than the lack of mobile protein targets of course.

I'm just in for a late lunch and thought I'd drop a couple photos in to keep the momentum up as it were.

When my wife and I landed here in BC there weren't a bunch of ladies who hunted so that was a bit of an uphill battle for her considering the crew we fell in with. On top of that, they were firm disciples, nay zealots better said, for Saint O'Connor in their love for .270's and especially Winchester .270's. When they found out she shot a Remington - 788 - in .308 that was close to the end of it for us as they hated and I do use that word with purpose here sir.

We'd just met the fellow with the sheep tag, who got me back into ice fishing and whose deer I'm tying onto Carly the Appy and he offered to come along with us hunting. Looking back now, it might have been that he was sent by "the group" to monitor how we performed.... wink

Anyways we came to a big sagebrush bowl that looked promising, so I said I'd slip down a wee ways and see if I could haze anything in their direction, while they'd stop at a vantage point that had a good rest. Low and behold a couple two point mulies popped up out of the sage in front of me and in a spot maybe 175yds down the bowl from my wife and buddy.

Only the heads were protruding from the sage, so she turned and asked him where to aim and he pointed between his eyes.

According to him, and this is the foundation of her not only becoming accepted by our new friends but instant legend status, she shrugged, cheeked the rifle and drilled the buck.

[Linked Image]

I used to tease her that she missed dead center by at least ¼", but nobody else did renegade. After that when our older friends would rant about .308 shooters, they'd turn to me and say, "That don't include your wife of course, 'cause she can shoot!" laugh

Here's the Columbia Blacktail that came home in the trunk of an '82 200SX

[Linked Image]

Folks ask me how young the girls were when I started them into meat cutting and hunting.

I usually say, "Fairly, why?" laugh That's my late Dad beside me.

[Linked Image]

Hunting too of course.

[Linked Image]

That led to this then...

[Linked Image]

The daughter on the right is the one who still hunts with me and is in the photo from before her wedding.

Anyways, these aren't recent and do violate the specific instructions of your thread, but perhaps hopefully not the spirit of it?

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"