Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by zcm82
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by zcm82
Yellow perch
Thank You Sir.

It's a blast getting onto a big school of them through the ice.

zcm82;
Good evening to you, I trust the weekend was a good one for you and you're well.

A couple years back a long time friend - the same very same one who I helped pack a sheep out for this fall - finally got me to get back out ice fishing with him after a 20 year hiatus.

He said more or less, that he "couldn't have wiped my smile off with a frying pan", which is BC redneck speak for me having a wonderful time.

Here's that day and what I looked like a couple winters back. I'll note the beard is mostly grey now, but one can tell it was an excruciating experience for me.

[Linked Image]

I went out and bought an auger, a couple rods and a tent the next week. I already had the dead sled for hunting, but here's a daily limit of 20 from the first day on the ice this past winter.

[Linked Image]

Sometimes we catch stocked trout in the same lake too, nothing huge but as you mentioned, it is indeed "a blast".

[Linked Image]

All the best and good hunting - and fishing - to you all.

Dwayne

That's a good day right there. 👍

I'm far enough south to just be on the tail end of the ice belt. Some winters we have 6-8 weeks of good ice, and once every 5 years or so we never get ice at all. I'd call our average ice season about 4-5 weeks from mid January into mid-February. It's a far cry from 3-4 months when I was a kid in MN, but I don't think I could ever live somewhere that there's no ice season.