First year turkey dogs were legalized in Kentucky I hunted a Federal duck refuge out from Benton Kentucky....ran into Federal Game Warden. He informed me I could not turkey hunt with a turkey dog in the refuge....I told him I was going to and if he didn't like it to write me a citation but if he did he might possibly loose his job and that the Pittman Roberston act protected me because it was legal in the state of Kentucky and the only way he could stop me was to do away with fall turkey season on Clarks River refuge...keep in mind this was the first year. I hunted two days and killed two turkeys and he never bothered me again.

I then found out Ft. Campbell had a fall and winter season with a more liberal bag limit back then of two birds a day for close to three months....so I moved shop.

Things went fine the first few times I hunted with my dog there.....then one day out of the blue this manager came out and told me I couldn't hunt fall turkeys with my dog at Ft. Campbell. I explained to him the the Pittman Roberston act said that on Federal land they had to go by state law and that turkey dogs were legal in Kentucky and Tennessee and that I was going to hunt with him and he would just have to write me a citation. The next year they put it in the regulations I kept my Airstream at storage place just off base and I hunted there 3 or 4 days a week for 3 months every year for at least 8 or 9 more years without incident until the turkey population declined....and we killed the hell out of turkeys.

The sOckpuppets are wrong.