Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by BC30cal
These two Doug Firs are/were about 4' at the base, not quite. A year after this photo a microburst blew down the straight one on the right. Then last year's fire burned it, but the bent one is still up there and though scorched seems fine. It's a landmark for me to find my way back to the truck...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Crazy how that works out huh??? By any logic the leverage on the base of the bent trunk would seem to break that trunk way easier than the straight trunk...I guess that microburst may have come from the right and thus the bend actually helped that trunk from breaking? Who knows but that kind of thing is what makes nature so unique...

T Inman;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day is as still and tranquil for you all that is has been here.

Since it was the last day of elk season, my buddy and I wandered up into some likely spots, where I took this photo of that tree we've been talking about.

[Linked Image]

As is our practice, we split up and while he saw a spike bull and cow moose, I went without seeing game. This was the view however T, so the morning was a smashing success.

[Linked Image]

While there's no date stamp, you all will have to take my word that it was this morning and that is one of my more favorite arms, if not "the most favored".

All the best to you this Friday and have a good weekend T.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"