Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by renegade50
Gonna post some more pics over next couple of days.

Keep the thread going.

" pics or it never happened" sorta thing
👍👍👍

JYD
Junk yard dog.
Alpha dog of the Mosul train station pack.
Seen him one day before we started drawing him in with food.
Take on 4 other dogs out by the tracks.
He fuuuked up 2 and got a good peice of the other 2 before they hauled azz.
We started taking about trying to make him a compound dog after seeing that go down.

Took me and 2 of my philippino soldiers about 3 weeks to get him to stay in the compound and trust us.
He warmed up to the whole platoon eventually.
Dog would hole up all day inside our sleeping area on the cool marble floor and walk the 3 foot patrols at night with the squads.
One sqd come in off patrol, JYD be all bouncy ready to with the next making his rounds for pets and sniffs.

It was eerie with him on patrols.
Dog would be 30 50 yds away from a sqd.
Light up a Haji,a azz and thigh a couple of times.
Give warning barks and growls.
Take a security halt/ break JYD be out front and lay down just looking around..
We finally were able to give him a detailed dog bath about month 2
He is dirty in that dog bow pic we was giving him mini baths that he would tolerate at times.
But he was absouloutly covered in rail grease when we 1st started working with him to get him to stay in the compound at 1st.

We handed him off to the Stryker unit that replaced us during our 3 week overlap.

Good dog..
Brave dog..
Loved dog....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They sure treat dogs differently in the Middle East huh? We were told not to go near them and certainly not to feed them as they were feral, in Al Anbar at least.
We were authorized to shoot them for a while in Fallujah because they ate dead bodies. I am a dog person and didn't want to but after seeing how nasty some of them were, I did shoot a couple. I considered it a mercy killing. They also were known to carry off the scraps after IEDs went off really close to people.
Watched a big ole pack of Black ferals at The Baghdad airport.
Flushing the fields all kinda on line moving the desert gerbils towards another line of em working the opposite direction towards them.
All types of killing and feeding going on when them 2 lines started merging

Probably about 7 to 10 in each line.
That was late april early may 03.

Them dogs were more than likely shot off once Baghdad INT was gearing up again for AC ops.