Hey Paul.

Can't remember the name, something my sister in SoCal was growing a couple of years back. I saved some seed from them, got them to grow. Dragon something, so if not from Thailand then probably in that area.

I can no longer find them, the Thai peppers I grew in the 90's looked like some of what they call ornamental peppers. Smaller and less pointy than those ones in you picture. Hotter than this black version too.

I was in University then, had a young classmate said he liked hot stuff. So I gave him some serranos and others, including the little Thai ones. He came to class one day and asked WTF did I do to him. laugh

I'd warned him, to go easy with them. He, thinking they were just little fellas, put 5 of them in a skillet of stir fry! eek

Said he's eyes were watering and snot was running. I told him I love hot spicy stuff and usually only use one or two at most for a fry pan full of food.

Them Thais know their stuff when it comes to hot peppers!

Those ones in your pic look pretty close though. I'm going to see if I can find some seed or a starter plant at one of the nearby (within 100 miles) nurseries.

Last edited by Valsdad; 07/25/23.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?