I got a keeper yellow cat a couple of weeks ago. I caught some nice channels on chicken livers. One jug line was hung up. I almost wore out jerking on it while trying to not tip over. I had forgotten my life vest that day and almost flipped when it finally came loose. Thought I felt a jerk on the line and stopped pulling and felt nothing. I figured the weight hit a stump. In 20 ft of water and I wasn't looking when the fish got close enough to see the float I was on and the sucker went wild and nearly turned me over before i let him go down several feet.

I knew I'd have to paddle to shore to beach it, but how to do so while holding the line. I got the 10 ft high top
circle hook over the right side, over my legs to the left side tote handle and hooked it. Paddled in to 8 ft of water and stopped with the cat and weight dragging bottom and the cat fighting.

Finally pulled the main line up 5 more feet and got a good bite on it with it held between both sides of my back molars and paddled like he'll trying not to roll over.made it to shallow water and dropped the line, abandoned ship and dragged it up on the beach. Sucker had swallowed a 3-4 lb channel cat and couldn't expell it for the pectoral fins. The smaller cats side fin had poked through the big cats belly.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/07/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin