Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That’s another cool story Renegade and it illustrates how integral guys like you are to those young warriors. Your confidence in them as well as the pep talks you gave them individually were likely invaluable to those young men. It’s hard to describe the attributes of a good leader partly because there are so many but mostly because those attributes are indescribable. They are a feeling, a calmness and confidence that comes from being in the presence of a good leader that is contagious to everyone around him. It’s not an arrogance that follows great leaders although it’s often described as such, rather it’s the quiet confidence that a man has when he knows his job, knows that HE is the best man for the job and knows the obstacles he faces that are trying to prevent him from doing his job. Having guys like you and your other sgt that had combat experience was, I’m sure, a great comfort to your men.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again a million times……THANK YOU for your service and for caring enough about your guys to take the extra time to talk to them when they needed it.

Thank you!

My leaders raised me up.
Especially my 1st Sqd ldr at Carson 84 86
SSG Dunn 2 tour 173rd nam vet.
Black dude from NYC with his mini fro.
soaked up all I could from him.
He seen something in me, said some stuff to me one day in the course of a talk with him.

Schit been going on since the army got trained by von steuben who trained the trainers, That army left valley forge and stood up to the british toe to toe at Monmouth Court house.
👍👍👍